Wednesday, May 11, 2011

17 Day Diet- And so it begins...


Its time, or it has been time and I'm finally deciding to do something about it. I'm starting the 17-Day Diet tonight and hope that this will be the final push I need to be healthy again. Actually I’m restarting as it started it Monday and then had a really lousy day Tuesday and resorted to comfort foods instead of getting pissed off. I guess that’s a plus right? 

I'm really frustrated with myself as I had lost a good 60 lbs while going through the divorce with all the depression. But I've gained it all back and then some. Very, very frustrating!! I have a good friend who has just started this diet and she's lost 10 lbs already, only 8 days in. I've read most of the book and it has some interesting concepts. The majority of them make sense to me and are things I actually have known a long time, just haven't put them into practice. I've noticed that my self confidence has waned greatly since I have put on the extra weight. Even my two older children have remarked that I've gained a lot. So… its just time. I need to be here for them and for my kids, so not only is this a choice for me but its been a choice for them as I would like to be around to see them get married and to be able to hold my grandchildren. This also means getting my lazy ass to the gym. I been paying $30 a month for the damn membership and totally not going. I'm such an idiot and a lazy one to boot. Time for major life changes that I intend to make part of my life even after I've lost the necessary amount of weight I need to lose to be healthy and non-diabetic. I did it before and I know I can do it again. Its just so hard sometimes trying to juggle everything at the same time. 

Hopefully I can keep posting here and update my PROGRESS. I definitely need to do this… its now or never.

No comments:

Post a Comment