Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tired of being sick, having food allergies, or whatever the F

Warning- I will ramble in this one, but try to make it coherent.

I am so sick of being... sick. Not a cold, flu or anything like that. Just the random food allergies that I have or supposedly have. Since I was 25, I discovered (I think) that I was lactose intolerant. Over the years I've fought with this, trying little bits here and there. Sometimes having success, other times crashing and burning horribly. A few weeks ago, I had a yearly checkup and the doctor mentioned that she thought I had Celiac's disease, or allergic to wheat gluten. I looked it up and sure as heck, it looked like I had it as I had a number of the symptoms. I got the test she suggested, just the blood test though, not doing the endoscopy thanks. The test came back negative. Now I am completely dumbfounded. I then read an article in Men's Health that the newest "intolerance" to come about the past few years is a Gluten Intolerance. So now... what the F do I have? I honestly have no idea at this point. I did do some reading about gluten and talked to my doc again regarding it. I learned that one of the reasons gluten intolerance is becoming prevalent is the fact that the wheat is now genetically altered in a lot of foods. I had no idea... WTF?!?!?!?!? We can't just leave things as God made them, no we got to F with them to make them "better" and in the process screwing them up. Maybe I'll go back to being Vegan. I just don't know at this point. I didn't have near the issues when I was Vegan during my injury (long story there), so maybe thats the answer. I just don't know anymore... 

No comments:

Post a Comment