Monday, March 21, 2011

"Stolen" Questionnaire

I read this on a blog I follow and could not resist reposting and inserting my own answers. Needless to say this has been "borrowed" many times. It kind of reminds me of one of the FB notes I did when I first joined up. Wow how my answers have changed in two years, maybe I'll do that one here as well.

Enjoy... or not ;)

What is your idea of perfect happiness?

My idea of perfect happiness... that seems to change from time to time. It definitely involves being around or close to my daughter. She is the light of my life and without her, I don't think I would have found the strength to keep going in some of my darkest hours. I'd also like to find a mate that is perfect... for ME. I see the mistakes I made, the misconceptions I had regarding what I wanted in a mate, and feel I can see things more clearly now that I am older. I just want to be happy, as stress free as possible and have as many of my loved ones (friends and family) around me as I can.

What is your greatest fear?

Losing my daughter. I could expound on why, but then I'll just get all emotional.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?

Interesting question. There are a few possibilities but I'd have to go with Miyamoto Musashi. The greatest Japanese swordsman of all time. His philosophies in his Book of Five Rings can be applied to many aspects of life, not just battle.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?


Lack of self confidence... if that is a trait.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Dishonesty.

What do you most value in your friends?

Honesty and loyalty.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

"As I said", "Really?" and others that I won't mention here. ;)

What is your favorite journey?

Watching my daughter grow from this tiny baby who needed everything done for her to the self sufficient, intelligent, and beautiful little girl I see now. I'd like to keep her this way forever, they grow way too fast. But I have loved watching her grow, develop and evolve.

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?

Forgiveness- There are just some areas where it will never apply.

What is your favorite occupation?

I have finally learned to enjoy writing. I was always told in school I should go into journalism. It was always something I was very good at, but didn't want as a career. Funny how things end up as I'm a technical writer by trade and have been for the past 12 years.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?


My weight obviously. I really need to get going on it not only for looks but for my health.

What is your greatest regret?

Not being able to say goodbye to my Dad. He did it his way and chose to leave us before myself, my brother and my cousin could get there to see him one last time. He passed the day before we were all to arrive.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?

Tough one. The who is my daughter, she is the center of my world. The what is the ocean. I grew up fishing and bodyboarding in it. To me, nothing is more serene than the sound of the waves hitting the beach, the view of the sun rising over the horizon as you're sitting out waiting for the next set, and just the smell/sounds of the sea.

When and where were you happiest?

I want to say when my daughter was born, but when you add in the ex... its kind of a wash sadly. I'm pretty happy now, the happiest I've been in a long, long time. I'm been over my ex and the failure of my marriage since December.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would have never had a temper. Its ruined a lot of things in my life and probably will be the cause of my death due to all the stress its caused over the course of my life.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Oddly this comes right after the question about my temper. Learning to control my anger. I have come to grips with it, learned to control it for the most part, and realize now I got mad about a lot of little, insignificant things.

What is your most treasured possession?

Certain pictures I have of my family. My wedding day pic with my Dad that he kept on his dresser until he passed, the pic of my little one in her first portrait, I could go on...

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?


Losing my child in some manner and having no power to do anything about it. I would be totally devastated.

Where would you like to live?

Hawaii, unless its changed drastically since I was there last. I have lots of family there and it just feels like "home". Its hard to explain, maybe that will be a post topic sometime.

What is your most marked characteristic?

I'd have to say my short, flat filipino nose or as my best friend annoying characterized it, my "pug nose".

What is your greatest extravagance?

Hmmm... depends on my mood really. Oh well, these all can't be perfect answers. ;)

What are the qualities you most like in a woman?

A sense of humor, loyalty, and being very affectionate.

Who are your favorite writers?

R.A. Salvatore and others. I really need to start reading more again.

How would you like to die?

I don't even ponder it. Quickly and painlessly if I had to say something, but who doesn't want to go that way?

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

This will sound a bit childish, but I'd have to go with Wolverine. More so from the recent representations in the movies rather than the comic. I have that same sort of beast inside me, just no claws to go with it. ;)

Who are your heroes in real life?

My parents. They shaped who I am in more ways than I realized as a kid. Having my own children now and being older have opened my eyes to that.

What is your motto?

Although its not my creation, it would have to be "Just do it".


No comments:

Post a Comment